**Autodesk BIM 360 is now Autodesk Build. BIM 360 was the previous release of what is now known as the Autodesk Construction Cloud. This includes Autodesk Docs, Autodesk Collaborate, Autodesk Takeoff and Autodesk Build.**
Autodesk has announced a special Extended Access Program for several flagship cloud collaboration products. Towards the end of March, Autodesk will begin offering customers free access to the following products and services: BIM 360 Docs, BIM 360 Design, Fusion 360, Fusion Team, AutoCAD Web and Mobile, and Shotgun.
Autodesk’s announcement: “To be clear we’re not introducing this program to convert customers into paying users. Our goal, instead, is to get a program up and running as quickly as possible to provide customers with increased flexibility in what’s become a challenging work environment.”
Here’s how Diatec will implement this program:
- Customers can get free access to select Autodesk products and services.
- Products and services will include BIM 360 Docs and BIM 360 Design - all for commercial use.
- Customers can take advantage of this program by contacting us here.
- Customers can take advantage of the Extended Access Program until June 30, 2020, & Autodesk will continue to evaluate if a potential expansion of the program needs to occur.
Before you jump into the FREE TRIAL - talk to us first as there are a few issues you need to be aware of.
This will prevent you from making mistakes in the initial set-up & continued usage of the platform.
This program was developed in response to the increasing number of customers working in remote environments, aiming to provide them with access to collaboration tools to remain productive during this challenging time.
Diatec Group will help you to get access to the free licenses and with setup and support etc. or anything you need. We can discuss your requirements for this in detail.
Users that haven’t already used a paid subscription or a trial before are eligible for this program.
Important note: It is important to note that after the expiration of the program, you will lose access to your program trial and data and you will lose the associated auditing in BIM 360 for your project.
Get in touch by contacting us here or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What about customers that just have purchased a 1-month subscription, can they get the free version?
We are unable to provide refunds or credits outside of our standard return policies. If you recently purchased these solutions we recommend continuing with your purchased account to ensure continuity of data and user access beyond the timeframe of this Program. In some circumstances, you can add more users and collaborators to your existing projects through this Program. You can ask more about this by contacting us here.
2. What about projects that are running on paid sites, can they invite users for free?
Yes, users in the EAP are covered under BYOS.
3. What happens to the sites after the end of this campaign, which is the timeframe to subscribe before data is deleted?
Since this is being run on the trial platform, up until the last day of the trial, customers can download project files in their BIM 360 Design trial. On June 30, customers will lose access to their trial and data. However, for the next 30 days after expiration, they can still purchase a subscription and get access to their account and data. After that time, the account and data will be deleted.
4. With the new extended free trials in BIM 360 Design offered to customers due to the pandemic, will customers be able to convert those extended free trials into a paid subscription once ended?
Yes, a trial account can be converted to a paid account, keeping all trial data intact. To do so, please contact us here.
5. If customers can convert into a paid subscription, will they be converted to a brand-new Company Site or will they be able to add those users to an existing Company Site?
It’s not 100% clear, but as above, if they go through your partner Diatec, the current process is that the existing site gets converted to a paid site.
6. Are the extended trial versions still limited to x 1 project, for both Docs and Design?
For Docs users it’s 2 projects, for Design users, there is no limit.
7. What if the clients want to end their trial after 3 months, there needs to be a clear communication sent out that their project data will be lost after -30 days?
We mention this in the Design trial FAQ now, and it is included (as of me writing this) in the upcoming FAQ.
8. Is this service open for existing clients?
No, only users who do not have a subscription to BIM 360 Design
When we say “current user cannot participate in the program” we mean end-users and not company or account. So if an end-user does not have BIM 360 Design entitlement, and have not signed up for a BIM 360 Design or C4R trial in the past, then they can sign up, it doesn’t matter if someone else at their company has an entitlement or has signed up for a regular trial.
We can help you clear all your doubts regard this program. Contact us here.
9. Are the extended B3D trials only available for Revit Collaboration Workflows?
Yes. Collaboration for Civil and Collaboration for Plant workflows are not supported.
10. If I am an existing subscriber, can I take advantage of the Extended Access Program?
We recommend continuing to use your account associated with your existing subscription to ensure continuity of data and user access beyond the timeframe of this program. In some circumstances, you can add more users and collaborators to your existing projects through this program. See product specific questions and answers below for applicability.
11. What if I recently purchased a subscription? Can I get a refund?
We are unable to provide refunds or credits outside of our standard return policies. If you have recently purchased these solutions, we recommend continuing to use your account associated with your existing subscription to ensure continuity of data and user access beyond the timeframe of this program. In some circumstances, you can add more users and collaborators to your existing projects through this program. See product specific details for applicability. Contact us here.
12. What if I have trialled BIM 360 Design previously?
Currently, a one-trial-per-email restriction is in place. This applies to those customers who may have had a BIM 360 Design or Collaboration for Revit trial in the past.
13. What if I already have a trial? Will my trial get extended if I participate in this program?
Yes, current BIM 360 Design trials already in progress will be extended.
14. Does the program trial include Collaboration for Civil 3D?
No, the program trial is not yet set up to work with Civil 3D, only Revit. The BIM 360 Docs program trial can be used on infrastructure projects for permission-based document management, file versioning, and design issue tracking.
15. Which version of Revit do I need to take advantage of the Revit Cloud Worksharing feature of BIM 360 Design?
Revit Cloud Worksharing is supported in Revit 2018.3 and later.
16. What if my company already has a BIM 360 Design account, can we add more users through this program? Can the BIM 360 site be merged with an existing site? Can data be transferred between sites?
Anyone who signs up through this program will be able to collaborate in any project they are invited to, regardless of the project owner.
Please note that signing up for this program will generate a new BIM 360 trial account, this account will be separate and unique for each person who signs up for the program and cannot be merged or combined with other sites.
Data cannot be directly transferred between different sites, but data can be downloaded from one and uploaded to another. A best practice is to have one person sign up for the program trial and invite others to that account so everyone can collaborate in one place.
Please note that when you download your data from a BIM 360 Design program site, you will be downloading the files and model(s) that were uploaded to the BIM 360 program site. All non-model metadata like markups, issues, user permissions, audit trail, contents of packages in the Design Collaboration module and more, cannot be downloaded.
Contact us here.
17. What happens when the program ends?
Up until the last day of the program, you can download project files in your BIM 360 Design trial. After the expiration of the program, you will lose access to your program trial and data. However, for the next 30 days after program expiration, you can purchase a subscription and regain access to your account and data. To do this, please contact your partner or reseller. After that time, your account and data will be deleted.
Contact us here.
18. Can my program trial account be converted to a paid subscription?
The spirit of this program is to help remote collaboration in this difficult time and you should receive no pressure to purchase.
Should you be interested in converting to a paid subscription, you must purchase through a channel partner who can ensure your trial is converted appropriately and your data is kept intact. You can locate a reseller partner in your area here. To convert your program trial account, you’ll need your Account ID which is in Account Admin > Settings > View Account Id in the bottom left corner.
You can also purchase BIM 360 Design on the Autodesk e-store. However, the e-store does not support converting your program trial account into a paid account. Rather, a new BIM 360 Design account will need to be created.
Contact us here.