The primary objective of the course is to teach Autocad users involved in Mapping and/or GIS the most useful functions
of AutoCAD MAP 3D.
• Become familiar with AutoCAD MAP 3D user interface.
• Understand the fundamentals concepts and features of AutoCAD MAP 3D
• Use a range of tools in AutoCAD MAP 3D to produce drawings
• Use tools in AutoCAD MAP 3D to link to, and analyse, GIS data
• Present mapping drawings in a visually impressive manner
Trainees should be competent autocad 2D users. Good Geospatial and Mapping understandng an advantage. A working knowledge of Windows based operating systems is essential.
• Drawing Cleanup (automatic trim/extend/delete/break etc)
• Object Data (add attributes to any autocad object)
• Connecting to a Database (link MS Access data to autocad objects)
• Creating Dynamic Annotation (add text automatically to drawings)
• Importing & Exporting Data (to/from Mapinfo/ArcGIS etc)
• Coordinate Conversion (to/from Irish Grid/ITM)
• Raster Data (georeference raster maps/orthophotos, digitise scanned maps)
• Connecting Feature Sources (directly open MapInfo/ArcGIS/MS Access in Autocad)
- Filtering Feature Sources
- Stylising Features (by colour, hatch, linetype. text labels, thematic mapping)
- Joining two Feature Sources (e.g. mapinfo & access database)
- Creating Calculated Properties (in a data table & exporting in e.g. Excel, SDF)
- Using Overlay Analysis (e.g. for CPO, wayleaves, area planning)